Saturday EQUITANA Melbourne – A Spectacular Experience!
If you are a Dressage fan or competitor at any level, the “Saturday Daily Package” offers a fantastic day of learning and entertainment, right through to the Evening Dressage Freestyle Grand Final. The education program for the day has been specially designed to help you look at many of the issues that affect producing a dressage horse.
The Specialist Dressage Clinic with Kyra Kyrklund gives you three hours with one of the world’s great Dressage Masters and will guarantee you come away with a swag of new ideas to add to your training regime. Kyra always works with a range of horses from a young one just starting training through to a Grand Prix horse, as she believes you can never get to the top level unless you have solid grounding from the beginning. The theme to her clinic this year focuses on the connection between the basic and advanced movements; a connection Kyra believes can be easily lost along the way. EQUITANA’s Saturday Education Program provides a programme that supports your training with demonstrations and lectures covering body, mind and dietary issues through to the best way to manage your horse property:- • Richard White (UK) will provide a demonstration on how “The Connection Between Basic and Advanced Movements” unfolds.
• Dr Kerry Ridgeway (USA) and Manolo Mendez will actually make “Optimising Your Balance and Straightness” understandable and achievable.
• Ali Al Ameri (UAE) – will show you how “Relationship Training can improve performance at any level”.
• Sports Performance Coach Jon Pitts will take you through the all important “Physical and Mental Properties of Riding”.
• Kerry Meynell will provide great information on “Managing Stress in your Horse”
• Dani Simmonds will explain “Proprioceptions (self perception of the body position vs. the reality of the body position) and Riding Then to top off a great day, you can sit back and enjoy the beautiful and balletic Equestrian Grand Final Dressage Freestyle (supported by the Australian Sports Commission and Equestrian Australia’s High Performance Program”). The evening will open with a unique demonstration of how to put a winning KUR together by Kyra Kyrklund. Further entertainment will feature a stunning performance of Spanish Riding by Manolo Mendez, on the magnificent Andalusian stallion, Dynamico, and will be accompanied by renowned Flamenco Guitarist, Richard Tedesco, fresh from his world tour. Visit Equitana Australia for ticket sales and more information.